Sunday, March 3, 2013

I Believe.

Everything is out of date on my blog since I haven't posted in over a year. I don't have time to update it or make it cute. But I feel the need to write and post some thoughts. So bare with me here.

"Heavenly Father is in my heart and here next to me everyday." 

These sweet words were spoken from a young girl in fast and testimony meeting today. One after another, 12 or so children stood up and bore their testimonies. What a beautiful site and feeling that was in that sacrament meeting. As I sat and watched, I remembered going through that process myself. I remember having my mom go up with me and whisper in my ear what to say. I remember getting brave enough to go up with out her. I remember saying that my family loves me, Heavenly Father loves me, and that this church is true. I remember living off of others testimonies until I knew I had one for myself. I remember the feeling I felt when I knew for a fact that this church was true.

Today I was reminded of how sweet children are and why we are taught to have faith as a little child. Today those children were my examples. They were the ones I looked up to. The ones I wanted to be like! They are on the right paths to finding and strengthening their own testimonies and it was beyond inspiring. They trust and believe with so much strength and hope. They look up to their parents and want to be like them. They listen and learn from those around them. They take life how it is. They are care free and naive. They play and discover new things every day. I hope to look at life as they do. To look at every day as they do. To look at new situations as an opportunity to grow. 

I realized how key it is for us all to go through these little stages. To pass through different points in our life. To build our testimonies of Christ and to never let go of that. To hold on to it for more than it is worth and most of all to believe it. 

I for one, have a testimony of this gospel. I, like the little children, know that I am blessed with a loving family, Heavenly Father, and to be apart of this true church. I know that Christ is the only one who understands everything that we as people go through on a daily basis. I know that he knows the pain we feel. Not only does he know the pain, but he knows the happiness and the complete peace that we feel. He was sent here for us to rely on. He died so that we could live again and that we could be resurrected with our families. He will stand by us through anything and everything all we need to do is pray and call upon him with faith. With the same Faith as a little child. I know that true happiness comes from believing in ourselves and using the gifts that Heavenly Father has given us. I know that if we are confident in front of Christ that we ARE confident in who we are as an individual and in front of everyone. 
I believe in the atonement. I believe in the priesthood and the power it has to comfort and heal. I believe in the temples and in doing work for the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost and being lead by the spirit. I believe that with time everything works out. I believe that families can be together forever. I believe that if we do our best that God will make up the rest. I believe that we are watched over and protected. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that life isn't fair, easy, or nice. I believe that this is why we learn and grow so much. I believe that trials have a purpose. I believe in missionary work and the truthfulness of this gospel. I believe in service and giving to others. I believe in prayer. I believe in getting back up once you fall down. I believe in being happy. I believe that family is everything. I believe in always looking up. I believe in learning from every situation, person, and circumstance. I believe in believing and having faith. I believe in hope. I believe. 

That little girl touched my heart today when she spoke of Heavenly Father being next to her and in her heart. How sweet that is that she knows at such a young age that her Heavenly Father loves her and will always be with her every single day. Thank you for blessing my life little girl and for reminding me in a unique way.. that I too believe in Him. 

-Madeliene Louise


2 comments:

  1. Madi this is such a great post! Haha I totally forgot you had a blog until it came up in my google reader. You are such a gorgeous girl and I hope life is going great! thanks for being so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. madi ive missed reading your blog posts! i love you so much and look up to you. you are so beautiful and you have a beautiful testimony as well. i miss seeing you every week and i love you!

    ReplyDelete